Sunday, October 9, 2011

Raucous encounter

When Raven, our German shepherd mix dog (pictured here) and I were out for our morning walk, we heard some commotion across the street. A couple were arguing, using some very choice and foul language. We stopped, waiting to see if the conversation would escalate. It seemed to, and I was thinking (as I did in the grocery store in my earlier post), "Someone should do something." Finally the man walked away from the woman, after telling her to get out of his life, and she yelled something similar and bent down to pick up a stone to hurl at him.

Fortunately, the stone seemed far from the intended target, and the man  had several good paces ahead of the woman. Someone from the Quick Mart near where this took place came out, too. The couple disappeared down the alley, and I decided a call to the police wouldn't be necessary.

The rest of the walk was fairly uneventful--we saw some barking dogs (one was my own Raven), and several people out walking or running on this beautiful fall day--temps again unseasonably warm.

As I walked in the door, I was thankful again for my calm, reliable husband, who sat eating breakfast casually and quietly in the dining room. I couldn't live with a screaming, irritable person. Thanks, Tim, for being such a great life partner to enjoy such a beautiful day with.

Till next time,

Suzi

No comments:

Post a Comment